Finally I will have time to work on the Dean portrait for more than a few snatched minutes at a time.
I have been working on him, but just haven’t posted any update photos lately. It didn’t feel like I had changed him much, just finished the background and refined his face and hair, but when I compare it to the last photo I posted, I realize it’s kind of a big change. I guess I should have been posting even my little updates..
I’ve been holding off finishing his left shoulder because I’ve been tinkering with his face and hair and didn’t want to worry about smearing the color under my right hand as I worked.
I added more color to his face, warmed it up. He had been looking kind of pallid, though it was hard for me to see it. I noticed it all of a sudden one day after not looking at the portrait for a while. I also darkened his hair.
Finishing the background and his right shoulder and adding more color overall, I’ve managed to cover up a lot more of the yellow toned background, which I think is a good thing.
Well, with any luck, I should be finishing this over the next few weeks, so stay tuned.